For Orion Township small businesses impacted by COVID-19, we have compiled a list of resources that might be helpful to you as you navigate this crisis.
SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS AND LOANS:
- Paycheck Protection Program (MiPPP), small businesses can enroll in the U.S. Treasury Department’s Payment Protection Program. The PPP authorizes up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. The program is first-come, first-served. There is a Michigan-specific website dedicated to the program that provides information on the program, a checklist and documents needed to apply, instructions on how to connect with a bank and/or finding a lender, and a budget tool to track and ensure the loan is forgiven. A sample PPP loan application has been released by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Starting April 3, 2020, small businesses, sole proprietorships and nonprofits can apply for and receive loans to cover their payroll and other certain expenses through existing Small Business Association (SBA) lenders.
- Starting April 10, 2020, independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply for and receive loans to cover their payroll and other certain expenses through existing SBA lenders.
- Oakland County Saving Businesses, Saving Lives Grant. Companies that shift or accelerate their manufacturing capabilities to produce personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face masks and gowns used by frontline health care professionals fighting COVID-19 can apply for grants from a $700,000 fund created by Oakland County.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) programs for small businesses during COVID-19, including Michigan Small Business Relief Program, Reopen Main Street, MI Local Biz, and Match on Main. Visit michiganbusiness.org/covid19 for more information on these AND other MEDC programs and learn how to apply.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program for COVID-19:
- ONE FAIR WAGE - Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- Patronicity Crowdfunding for Small Businesses COVID-19 Assistance. Engage the community to help support your business
- The Small Business Owner's Guide to the U.S. CARES Act
- COVID-19 Business Resource Center, updated daily with real-world funding, resources, and support for small business owners adapting to the impacts of coronavirus.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES: